Monday, August 27, 2007

18 miles


Runner's burn--note the white triangle.

The pudding was good. But otherwise, I wasn't quite as prepared as I should've been for today's long run. What I learned today:

•sunblock is my friend.
•a second bottle of gatorade, an even better friend.
•a dollar in my pocket would have been enough to buy that second bottle of gatorade at the secret vending machine by the tennis courts.
•oatmeal is a great breakfast.
•I'll run a long way for pudding.
•Avril Lavigne makes embarrassingly good running songs.

My girlfriend made 20. She rocks.

2 comments:

rustyboy said...

Ha! I loves me some classic burn lines!

That puddin' looks aweful good. Good enough to put in a water bottle during a long run?

Sure. Why not!

michelle said...

Good enough to put in a gel flask and suck down--way better than gu. Maybe without the rum, though. Or the raisins.